EVE Markets Uploader
The EVE Markets Uploader allows you to contribute to EVE Markets and the wider EVE community by uploading market data from EVE to market data sites such as EVE-Central. EVE Markets uses such sites aas data sources.
All you need to do is have the uploader running while you play EVE - and every time you view market data, that same data will be shared across the EVE community and help to keep EVE Markets up to date.
You'll need a Java 6 runtime environment installed (available from Oracle). The uploader supports Linux and Windows (with Mac support to come if there's demand). Source code is also available below.
Note that the uploader is currently in a beta, testing phase. Please report any bugs to email@example.com.
- Download the appropriate distribution (above) and extract the archive to a location of your choice.
- Windows: run the MarketUploader.exe file. Linux: run MarketUploader-gui.sh.
- Configure the uploader:
- Click "Settings" and, on the General tab, select the location of the cache folder.
- On Windows, this is usually c:\users\yourname\AppData\Local\CCP\EVE\c_program_files_ccp_eve_tranquility\cache\MachoNet\18.104.22.168\3xx\CachedMethodCalls or C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\Local Settings\Application Data\CCP\EVE\c_program_files_ccp_eve_tranquility\cache\MachoNet\22.214.171.124\3xx\CachedMethodCalls
- Under Wine on Linux this is usually /home/yourname/.wine/drive_c/users/yourname/Local Settings/Application Data/CCP/EVE/c_program_files_ccp_eve_tranquility/cache/MachoNet/126.96.36.199/3xx/CachedMethodCalls
- If you have multiple 3xx directories, pick whichever has the highest number - this typically increases with every EVE patch.
- By default, the uploader will upload to EVE-Central and EVE Market Data Relay (which syndicates to many other market sites). You can add further "endpoints" if you wish. Uploads are sent in the Unified Uploader Interchange Format.
- Click OK to save settings, then click Scan & Upload to start running the uploader.
- Enjoy the universe of EVE! Market data will automatically be uploaded when you view prices in game.
If you wish to upload data in bulk, then the EVE-Central market suggestions page will automatically scan through the market when viewed in the in-game browser.